Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, December 03, 2007

6 Blind Mice


Six mice, not only without eyes, but no ears or mouths. These are cat gifts for Christmas, so I felt it best not to give them bits to choke on. I'm nothing, if not politically correct.












Another double weave blanket off the loom. The ends have been hem-stitched and now I must twist the fringe. Boooooooooooring. Then wash and hard press.

There was enough warp left to weave a much smaller blanket...if it's turned 90 degrees and hemmed ?









Blurry boot socks for Himself. He needed another pair of socks that he can wear with thinner wool socks during the coldest months. Here they are hanging/hiding in the closet, drying.











More socks, in progress, for Himself.














Lots to do........must scurry along.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bev said...

Okay, so next, everybody is going to ask for the mouse/mice/meese? pattern! LOL.

LOVE the blanket!! Smaller could be a lap robe for your cold nights on the couch knitting and watching TV.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mice with no eyes, ears or mouths.... Amish mice! Cool!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I read your friend's ode to Funny Farm. Now I know why you decided to retire. You live in heaven! How could you tear yourself away to go work a mundane eight hours?! Good on you - someone should have your life and I'm glad it's you!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

omigod you are busy. and productive. Nice work, I'm sooo jealous.

Mouse pattern please, Bev was right.

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!