Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Haste Makes Waste

I sleyed the reed at night. Not a good thing for these eyes apparently. This is a 32" wide/12epi warp. The header and hem seemed fine. Saw no errors. I got into the body of the piece and noticed two sections where the warp ends were close together..........I had sleyed two ends to a dent. If it had been evenly spaced, I'd call it a design element. But one error is the center and the other error about 9" from the right side. You all know what I'm doing today. Crap.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Bummer! Only if you had kept with the dark weft, then we would have never known!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I'm three quarters sleyed on the warp I worked on yesterday. I would have been done but found an error and pulled back to it and stopped. I realized that I was tired, but now have to wait until the weekend to finish it. Hate that~

9:13 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Which reminds me....I need to rig up more lights over my loom. The days aren't long enough to deal with warping errors!!

4:08 PM  
Blogger countrywool said...

Stopped by to see all the stuff you've done. WOW!!! Spring is finally making its way here...can see the ground. Hope all is well.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!