Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Saturday, April 19, 2008


Every morning Barn E. Cat climbs into bed, right about the time I'm going to make it. I gently pull the covers up and rearrange the pillows. I try to do this all in such a way so as not to "bother" the cat. We do this each morning, and every morning, as I am in the final stages of bed making, Barn E. jumps off the bed.
Why do I bother........
Why not just jerk the covers up and let the cat be catapulted?
Remember the red and white star towels? This is another variation, but in blue and white (no!) tied onto the other warp.
Here is cotton weft, folded in bias tape fashion and ironed, ready to go.
I'm about 24" into the rug. It looks something like this.
Did you ever read a hint or idea on a List, only to later forget who shared the idea and which list it was on? See yesterday's post of No Brain. Last week I read a great hint on how to successfully tie the warp onto the cloth beam without having to adjust! Her tip * works like a charm and I'd gladly clean her bathrooms for sharing this with the population of which ever weaving list I read. So, whoever you are, and if you're reading this, thank you!
*tie the two outside bouts onto the bar of the cloth beam so the tension of the 2 feel about the same. Tie into square knots and advance the cloth beam one click. Tie the next two bouts and advance the beam one more click. Continue until all bouts are tied on. The tension is magically even across the warp. No more readjusting to the point of tears.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that you are referring to Katy Reeder Meek's method of tying onto the front beam. She discusses this method in her "Warp With A Trapeze and Dance with Your Loom" monograph - which is the most fantastic way of warping I have ever had the pleasure of learning. Katy's method of tying on works just perfectly -- her method is the only way I tie on now. I am so glad she shared her knowledge with the rest of us. Happy Weaving - Martha

5:47 AM  
Blogger DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I can answer the cat question, you don't catapult the cat, because dog's have owners, but cat's have staff. hehe, I love the look of your rug.

1:02 PM  
Blogger countrywool said...

I love stopping in for a visit. It is so good to know you are there when I do.

Am back to blogging for a new summer project.

Loved the horseradish tutorial!!!

!!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger countrywool said...

I love stopping in for a visit. It is so good to know you are there when I do.

Am back to blogging for a new summer project.

Loved the horseradish tutorial!!!

!!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger countrywool said...

I love stopping in for a visit. It is so good to know you are there when I do.

Am back to blogging for a new summer project.

Loved the horseradish tutorial!!!

!!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger countrywool said...

I love stopping in for a visit. It is so good to know you are there when I do.

Am back to blogging for a new summer project.

Loved the horseradish tutorial!!!

!!!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!