Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Just One of Those Daze

What is wrong with this picture? You know how you plan out your warp? How about incorrectly? Here is how you do it if you'd failed to fail. You decide to warp for a log cabin rug at 12 epi, 28" wide. You have a LOT of fabric in shades of blue. Okay, not a problem....I have lots of blue and white 8/4 cotton warp. Oh no! I have lots of white and only 6 spools of blue. The Union is sectional and I've mastered that technique at least, usually. The warp will be only 10 yards long, so I'll just run off 10 yards on 6 shuttle bobbins. So I did. And I wound off one two inch section. Ooops! 10yds x 28 sections is a wee bit more than 10 yds per bobbin. I pulled out the trusty cardboard spools and wound off what I thought were correct amounts, and would have been if the counter would count. Well I got it done, except I somehow wound on only 26" onto the warp beam. That error I can live with. Yes, I do like the photo upside down.

Pile of blue


One of our good Catholic/Mormon ducks hatched 17 ducklings who are now happily swimming around in both ponds. No death count due to preditors yet.


2 Comments:

Blogger beadlizard said...

SEVENTEEN ducklings?! Wow.

As for the blue and white, I'm certain whatever you make will be beautiful. Just wait and see -- there will be some wonderful reason for have 26". Really. --Syl

4:55 PM  
Blogger beadlizard said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!