Funny Farm

A fearsome foray into my fiber follies. I talk about weaving, knitting, spinning and dyeing. Some chatter about the sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.

My Photo
Name:
Location: North-east PA, United States

Monday, May 26, 2008

I've Been Tagged.
Sharon recently tagged me for a meme and asked me to play, so here goes.

The rules: Posted here at the beginning. The player answers all questions. The player then chooses six people you want to know more about and tags those people by listing their names at the end of the post and going to their blog and leaving a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Also, you let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answer.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Pretty much what I'm doing now, except slower. Waz dat, you ask? Weave, sweep the floors, spin, sweep the floors, knit occasionally, sweep the floors, raise farm animals, sweep the floors, muck, sweep the floors.

2. What were five things on my to-do list today (not in any particular order)?
Continue planting in the garden.
Bake schnickerdoodles for Jobe and Shane
Pack up Jobe and Shane's birthday presents and get them into the mail tomorrow. I'm only five days late. The cookies are a mea culpa
Wash my hair
Rinse out the dyed yarn
Continue spinning the white roving for an upcoming project

3. What snacks do I enjoy?
Doritos
Yellow sucky things..............I can't recall the real name.....crunchy/salty goodness
Anything that involves a dip
-
4. Where are some places I've lived?
I was born in Seattle. Shortly thereafter my Father went back into the Army. I moved to Japan when I was 2 or 3 years old. I guess I was 5 when he was stationed at Ft Belvoir, VA. Dad then got orders for Atlanta General Depot. I lived there for perhaps 2 years. Then off to Heidelberg, Germany for 3 years, Orleans France for 2 years and spent one year outside of Harrisburg, PA. We returned to Heidelberg for another 3 years where I graduated from High School. I wanted to stay in Germany and go to the Univ. of MD in Munich, but Dad (wisely?) said no. Back we came to the USA to Ft Monroe, VA. I spent one year in WA State for college, then transferred to NJ. Went to college, got married, raised four children then moved to Elizabeth City, NC for maybe 8 years. Got a divorce. Moved to MD and eventually married Bob, who I had gone to high school with in Germany. I lived in Frederick, MD for maybe 8 years. I now live in south eastern PA in Sterling.

5. What things would I do if I were a billionaire?
Get my loom out of lay-away! Obviously I'd do the build my dream house thing. Nothing ostentatious, but large, bright and airy rooms. A new chicken house would be built as well. I'd pay off my children's bills and give them each a generous sum of money and set up trust funds for the grandchildren. I'd help out friends and family and put the rest in the bank for further consideration. Oh, I'd buy new underwear!

That's why this is called a Meme - it's me, me, me, me....But 'nuff about me. I'd like to hear from: Charleen, Sara, Sylvia, Dalis, Carol and Marcy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

That was fun- thanks. It's interesting how many moves involve husbands - you have nearly as many as me! BTW, I was born in Seattle too even though my parents lived in Fairbanks. As a woman in her 40s, they wanted Mom to be near major medical facilities. Birthing went fine - I was just sick for the next five years. My poor parents~

3:27 PM  
Blogger bspinner said...

Oops. I didn't see that Sharon tagged you so you've been tagged twice.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

I was "me-me'd" I was going to tag you but I'm too late. You can read my answers on my blog.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!